Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lego Birthday Party Domination Continues …

I started my night out with Marshmallow fondant!  Ok people this one is NOT an easy one it is sticky and takes a good amount of patience!

IMG_6214

You Need:

  • Marshmallows (I used 3 Bags Small)
  • 1 Bag Powdered Sugar
  • Wilton Icing Color

Put marshmallows in the microwave for 30 second increments and then stir until smooth.  Add coloring to get the perfect coloring.  Slowly adding powder sugar.  You kneed it until it is no longer sticky.  I warn you this will be very sticky and at one point you may think you did something wrong.  Then it will come together Smile.  I’ll show you how it covers the cake after I do this .. lol.

Lego Birthday Party

Next I wanted to give Cole something to wear.  I found this Lego Man that you can print on to printable t-shirt transfers.  This was one of the easiest projects I’ve done so far.  I even found a Ninjago Cole that I printed also and put on his shorts.

IMG_6227

Lego Birthday Party1

And last on my list was to make Lego Gummy Candy found on Instructables.  They have the cutest video with the kids making them.  I made yellow and red bricks to go with our color theme.  This was pretty easy, it was a little time consuming but over all it was a cool thing to do.

IMG_6231

You Need:

  • 1/2 Cup Water
  • 3 Gelatin Packets (Knox or Generic)
  • Vitamin C (if you want – I did for flavor)
  • Jello

Put water and gelatin packets, stir until dissolved and let sit for about 10 minutes.  She had hers in a glass dish that then boiled in a pan.  I did the double pan method (since my glass dish was being used).  Turn your water bath on Medium High place your gelatin pan in and stir.  Once becomes liquid again add your vitamin C if you’re doing that.  Than add Jell-o flavor.  Stir it all together and then take a syringe to put into your mold.  I doubled the recipe to be able to do both my molds.  Put in fridge and 10 –20 minutes later you have your gummies!

Lego Birthday Party2

OK I’m done … oh wait I still have the cakes to do!  Oh man I’m going to be one tired mama.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  I’ll be happy when Saturday comes!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids will always remember these things that you are doing for them to make them happy. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the homemade fondant, your so brave. Coles t-shirt rocks and you made Gummies too! There needs to be an award for you. You give everything your all, all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover