We got back on our Tuesday dinner with my friend and her son. It was great to have them back over it has been a few weeks and we were able to let the kids play and we were able to sit and chat and have some wine. I haven’t been to the grocery store in a while so I’m using what we have in the house. I found this recipe for Hamburger Noodle Bake on the Weight Watcher website. I did switch it out with Turkey so I guess mine would be Turkey Noodle Bake!
- 12 oz uncooked no-yolk egg noodles
- 2 medium uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 1 small green pepper(s), yellow pepper or green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked 95% lean ground beef
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup(s) parsley, flat-leaf, chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 3/4 oz Nabisco Ritz Reduced-fat crackers, about 35 crackers
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, omitting the salt if desired.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the beef mixture, noodles, tomatoes, parsley, and pepper in the baking dish. Stir in the ¾ cup of the cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining ¾ cup of cheese and the crackers. Spray the topping with nonstick spray. Bake until hot and the cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
Now my little tweaks were using Ground Turkey & Whole Wheat Noodles. This was delish, very easy to throw together and even our little picky eater who usually is not a noodle fan loved it.