Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tuesday Dinner with Friends … Hamburger Noodle Bake

We got back on our Tuesday dinner with my friend and her son.  It was great to have them back over it has been a few weeks and we were able to let the kids play and we were able to sit and chat and have some wine.  I haven’t been to the grocery store in a while so I’m using what we have in the house.  I found this recipe for Hamburger Noodle Bake on the Weight Watcher website.  I did switch it out with Turkey so I guess mine would be Turkey Noodle Bake!

IMG_6044

Ingredients
  • 12 oz uncooked no-yolk egg noodles  
  • 2 medium uncooked red onion(s), chopped  
  • 1 small green pepper(s), yellow pepper or green pepper, chopped  
  • 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked 95% lean ground beef  
  • 29 oz canned diced tomatoes  
  • 1/3 cup(s) parsley, flat-leaf, chopped  
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper  
  • 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese  
  • 3 3/4 oz Nabisco Ritz Reduced-fat crackers, about 35 crackers  
Instructions
  • Cook the noodles according to the package directions, omitting the salt if desired.
  • Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
  • Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
  • Combine the beef mixture, noodles, tomatoes, parsley, and pepper in the baking dish. Stir in the ¾ cup of the cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining ¾ cup of cheese and the crackers. Spray the topping with nonstick spray. Bake until hot and the cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.

Now my little tweaks were using Ground Turkey & Whole Wheat Noodles.  This was delish, very easy to throw together and even our little picky eater who usually is not a noodle fan loved it.

Recipe

8 comments:

  1. sounds good.. but i bet you could get away with using generic crackers too. I would have to double this to feed everyone in my household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM!!! That looks delicious and even better with the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Looks delicious! Glad I finally found you again! I have missed reading your great posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to enjoy dinner with your friend while the kids got to play. This sounds tasty. So does the glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks REALLY REALLY good! You ALWAYS make me hungry! It's only 1020am here and I'm ready to dive into that dish!

    I suppose it really isn't health friendly if I eat the WHOLE thing....is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oh another yum I may just have to try at home

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover