Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kicking it with my Crockpot again …

It’s still a little chilly here (well we did have a sunny day Monday) but it’s still soup time in my mind!   This is one of my favorite soups I have made.  I believe I’ve made it before and posted.  Cole actually ate 3 bowls of it.  I was actually spooning the bottom of the crockpot for it!

IMG_5763

Recipe3-001

Ingredients
  • 2 spray(s) cooking spray  
  • 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced  
  • 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped  
  • 1 rib(s) (medium) uncooked celery, chopped  
  • 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef  
  • 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour  
  • 3 cup(s) canned chicken broth, divided  
  • 1 cup(s) low-fat evaporated milk  
  • 8 oz Kraft Velveeta Light Reduced-Fat Pasteurized Processed Cheese Product, or similar product, cubed  
  • 1/2 tsp paprika  
  • 1/4 tsp table salt  
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper  
  • 24 item(s) baked low-fat tortilla chips, crumbled  
Instructions
  • Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Add garlic, onion and celery to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Coat a 3-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray; spoon in vegetables.
  • Place same skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes; pour off any liquid and add meat to slow cooker.
  • In a small cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until lump-free. Pour flour mixture into same skillet; add remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits in bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, and then pour into slow cooker; stir in evaporated milk, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 2 hours. Serve soup topped with crumbled chips. Yields about 3/4 cup of soup and 3 tablespoons of chips per serving.

Enjoy!  Hope you all have a wonderful night.  We have swim tonight, so I’m thinking it will be another crockpot night so dinner is ready when we get back. 

What is on your menu tonight?

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks like one we'd enjoy!! I'll have to save this one to try :-)

    I'm not sure what we're having for dinner tonight...maybe some homemade mac & cheese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
    oh by the way have I mentioned that I love it? ;0)
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see where the kids would like that one. It's like dressed up hamburger helper soup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this sounds perfect and I would love a bowl of it to eat right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds very delicious. Have a question, with your Protected by Copyscape Do not Copy on top can I still Pin it?

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover