Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taxes .. I think this rat trap my just take me under!

Tax Day

I use to love the beginning of the year getting my taxes in and getting a refund!  Oh how I miss those days.

Now don’t get me wrong I LOVE LOVE my job, working from home is amazing!  THE ONLY thing that has been a drag is self employment taxes.  NOW if I was smart when I started this adventure I would have been putting money aside or sending money in to the IRS so when tax time came around I wouldn’t have a bill.  Well I didn’t so my first full year I get this I got a crazy LARGE bill I start making my monthly payments (which barely make a dent) and my boss even sent me an amazing bonus to send to the IRS that did put a dent in it but still I’m making payments.  SO this last year I thought I’d be smart and have Rick holding extra with his checks.  So when I went to do the taxes thinking I was all set I was in for a BIG wake up call yesterday!

UGH I made a little dent in what we owe BUT the bill once again was a large one!  I was deflated sitting in the tax office yesterday.  My stomach was in knots and I was almost in tears.  The poor tax lady was so kind, she just smiled and tried to make me laugh.  She said let’s work on a plan.  She told me what I need to pay each month to get caught up and to have next year paid in advance and mind you it was the amount of my mortgage and I started to cry again.  It was a rough day.  THEN she told me the cost of our 1 hour visit!  Let’s just say there were no more tears left only SHOCK!  Our ONE HOUR visit was $470!!  Mind you I’ve been doing this on my own for $39 on the computer!  This amazing tax lady took pity on me and found me a discount (let’s just say I am now counted as her family member) and I walked out with a $108 bill!  God sent me an angel during this rough patch.

Now only if I could find an angel to help with this tax bill … ugh feeling a little defeated now and trying to figure it out.  I know what I will do to take even more out of Rick’s checks to be held back so we won’t have the problem HOPEFULLY next year.  BUT that sadly doesn’t take care of the back taxes.  I think I may have to find a part time job … ugh .. lol life!  Ok as mama says I’m going to put on my big girl panties and deal with it some how.  No more complaining … oh who the heck am I kidding this sucks!

11 comments:

  1. That does suck! Keep your chin up! It will work out somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Saying a prayer that you get it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they say ain't nothing certain but death and taxes. I hope it gets worked out for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH!! I hate tax time. I hope you get it all figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Girl, I am so sorry. I have been there and I have cried right there in that tax office. Thank God she was able to lower the bill. It all seems wrong doesn't it? Play the lotto...what the heck...whats another dollar right?...ya never know.UGH I sound like the commercial.
    Feel better Alexis.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor thing. When it rains it pours for you girl. All I keep thinking is that you are going to make it out of this so much stronger! Prayers coming your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexis, I am so sorry. How kind of her to give you the discount. I know it won't be easy but you have to set up a plan to save this money each year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man that is no good. :( it's nice when people help out especially when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is horrible. With my blogging income I promised I would do quarterly taxes this year or set money aside, yeah didn't happen. I owe so much damn money to the IRS. I'm glad the tax bill got down a bit for you though. Here's a big big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers, that is a huge amount just for the visit! It was nice that she was able to give you a discount. I have lots of empathy for you; I'm going through some financial struggles and have cried tons of tears. I'll pray for you and me both.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover