Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, April 8, 2012

And We Wrap Easter with Fun Things!

One of my favorite (IN the past since I’m being good and didn’t eat one) is Cadbury Eggs.  OMGosh do I love them!  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect to make for my neighbors.  I did have a very small piece but it was very sweet and yummy!  This Cadbury Crème Fudge is a must for any Easter event.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter (room temp)
3 cup powdered sugar
12 ounces chocolate chips

  1. Mix together corn syrup and butter
  2. Mix in powdered sugar
  3. Separate 1/3 into another bowl and dye smaller portion yellow with food coloring
  4. Put wax paper in a small cake pan and sprayed a little cooking spray. I used a silicone pan with cooking spray, skipped paper.
  5. Press the white and yellow goodness in the bottom of the pan
  6. Pour melted chocolate chips over the top and keep in the fridge
  7. Eat when the chocolate firms up

IMG_5921

Recipe

Next was a fun thing for the kids!  I’ve been seeing this on Pinterest and just had to try it.  Homemade Silly Putty, doesn’t that just take you back to childhood?  I couldn’t believe how easy this was to make! 3 items and getting your hands a little dirty and your done!

  • Equal parts Elmers Glue-All (multi purpose glue)
  • Equal Parts Sta-Flo Liquid starch 
  • Food coloring

It's important that you don't substitute another brand or type of glue for this one. Measure out your glue.  Add the food coloring to the glue and stir. Add the same amount of starch to the glue mixture and stir.  It instantly starts to turn into a gooey mixture.   At this point you want to let it sit for about 5 minutes so the glue can absorb the starch. Pour the excess liquid out and plop the goo on a paper towel for a minute or so. Kneed the goo for about 5 minutes.  It'll be gooey and sticky and slimy at first.  Push through it and keep kneading it.   If it’s a little stringy add a little more glue (I had to).

IMG_5915

Recipe1

What I brought to the party!

Recipe2-001

We had a fabulous day even with an egg hunt in our yard and our neighbor’s yard.  It was so much fun I hope it is a new tradition.  So What did you do?  What did you make?

10 comments:

  1. Sure weight watchers wouldn't allow that first recipe but man I would love to try it, looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been one for Cadbury Creme Eggs but I'm sure your dessert tasted delicious. I miss the days when my kids were young and participated in Easter egg hunts. Thanks for the Silly Putty recipe. May have to make it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! That Cadbury Creme Fudge looks awesome!

    I bet the kids loved their silly putty! Rich's aunt got our kids some gooey stuff that makes noise when you play with it and they think it's great!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cadbury egg sounds good. YUMM!!

    I could have used the recipe for silly putty along time ago.

    You are a very talented young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to my MILs house and she cooked and then when we got home one of our house mates had an egg hunt set up for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're always making the most amazing tantalizing things!!! Blessings to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade silly putty! Love it! I made this once when I was in 2nd grade and I always wondered how to make it when I got older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That putty is cool. Sorry but the fudge turned my tummy. I HATE Cadbury creme eggs lol. So glad you and the family had a lovely Easter:)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried &amp; True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover