Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, April 29, 2012

And we wrap our Lego Domination!

It finally came and went the Lego party!  My amazing weekly dinner Friend April came over on Friday and helped me roll fondant and cover the cake and with the last of the fondant we ended up covering the Lego brick cakes.  Let’s just say the buttercream I made was look goop BUT it turned into a great bonding for fondant … lol.

Friday I showed you how the fondant was made (and once more I will tell you it’s a tricky thing to make but worth it).  I kind of made a lot … lol.  We had enough for the cake and 30 mini brick cakes!

IMG_6256

First off was the Ninjago Cole Cake (yes it’s an actual lego character).  This was a little tricky but once you put your back into it and roll it out it’s pretty easy to cover and then you just tuck and make it fit in the right spots, and cut off the excess.

Lego Birthday Party4

IMG_6266

Since I messed up the buttercream but seemed to make an abundance of fondant we ended up cover the mini brick cakes too.  The lego’s were a little hard you had smooth around the lumps on top.  I think they turned out pretty darn cute!

Lego Birthday Party6

The Cake’s are done!

IMG_6268IMG_6278

And since I had a little time left over … LOL I decided why not whip up a banner.  I stopped at the dollar store and picked up  few things.

You Need:

  • Construction Paper (2 Colors – I used Yellow & Red)
  • White paper to print a Lego Man
  • Ribbon
  • Stapler
  • Glue
  • Ink Jet to print letters

Print the Words Happy Birthday on construction paper.  Crunchy Cahtolic Momma gives you a place to down the Lego font.  You can find the Lego man with the 8 here.   Winks and Daisies also has other #’s for you to print. I then cut the letters down and cut a piece of red to go behind a little larger.  I used Elmer's glue to glue them together.  I found some cheap ribbon that I then stapled the letter to, so it looked like a banner.

Lego Birthday Party5

There you have it .. lol.  I will show the party tomorrow Smile.

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job. I'm impressed by all your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put so much effort and time into this. I've never worked with fondant, and I can't even imagine how tricky that was. You are amazing and so everything you showed us here! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing. Sometimes wish you were closer to help with these things. My youngest wanted a carebear cake for her 6th b-day and we couldnt find one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clapping hands for a great job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job you did and want a fantastic party it must have been!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover