Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Gift Idea ... Crayon Wreath

We celebrated Teacher Appreciation week about 3 weeks ago but I was in Star War's party mode and not able to post any of these.  I saw on Scrapping West a Crayon Wreath and just had to do it for Caden's Kindergarten teacher.  This was a pretty simple craft to make.  The only thing that I didn't do that would have been helpful was to line out the crayons to make sure I had enough.  I didn't have enough crayon's at first and had to open up another 2 boxes so I had to peel off a few crayons and that wasn't pretty ... lol.  I also skipped the embroidery hoops, I picked up a circle form they had at Micheal's that worked perfect and was so much cheaper too!  I ran out of town and didn't get to write her name on the wood apple I put on the wreath.  I may sneak into her room before the end of the school year and add it ... hehe.


Supplies:
  • 1 -8" embroidery hoop
  • 1 -12" embroidery hoop
    • Alexis Note: I found a Wire Circle at Micheal's instead.
  • 3 boxes of 24 ct. crayons (Alexis Note: my circle was larger I used 5 boxes)
  • 1 roll of 3/8" craft ribbon
  • 1 wide ribbon piece for the hanger (Alexis Note: I skipped)
  • various die cuts ie Wooden apple cut out (Alexis Note: I found pre-painted one's at Micheal's)
  • hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • paint pens (for name)
Steps:

  1. unscrew the screw from both hoops and hot glue the ends together
  2. paint the hoops desired color
    1. Alexis Note: I used a wire circle that was already green so no unscrewing and no painting!
  3. lay all crayons on the hoop in the desired color order. This helps with placement when you begin to glue them all down.
    1. Alexis Note: I skipped this and regretted it, make sure to do it!!
  4. glue down each crayon. Make sure that all crayons are facing the same way, makes it look nicer.
  5. Thread craft ribbon in and out at the top of crayons and again at the bottom. Tie a knot behind the crayon to keep the ribbon tight.
    1. Alexis Note: I skipped the ribbon looping in and out. 
  6. Attach die cuts with hot glue. 
    1. Alexis Note: I skipped but you can laminated if you want.
  7. Tie large bow at the top making sure you leave a long enough loop to hang the wreath. You can add hot glue for reinforcement on the hoop.



This was a super easy project, just be careful you don't burn your fingers from the glue gun.  And let it set up before moving it!  I made this mistake and a few crayon's fell off! I had to do a quick re-glue and go!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and were able to relax some this weekend.


Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

15 comments:

  1. LOVE this! We had teacher appreciation week last week and I just sent my kids in with chocolates for their teachers. I usually get them gift cards for the end of the school year, which is coming up next month, so I kind of save the big spending for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute gift idea. I think even I could do this (and I lack that creative bone most people have LOL). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could manage to do that. It's cute not just for teachers either. I think it would be cute in a playroom as decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute!! Your sons teacher is not going to want to pass your son because then... she won't get any more cool gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I'm sure the teacher loved it! I decided to make some bar cookies for the kids' teachers and put the note "Thanks for making me one smart cookie" on it...teachers thought the cookies were coffee cake so the whole idea was a bust! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I would love this if one of my kiddos gave it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!
    We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    Two Girls and a Party
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
    Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute wreath! And I've used that same caterpillar on a wreath too! :-)

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/05/submarine-sunday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!

    Visiting today from the Pin Me party!

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is adorable...and I would NEVER DO IT...but love it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to give this idea a try when my great grand sons graduate to first grade as a present to the teachers. Thank you,

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover