Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, March 26, 2012

A Sad Goodbye to the Life of the Party

Cole did the heart w/my necklace

I thought it was perfect for this post

IMG_7908

This past Saturday we say good bye to my grandmother (or GG for my boys).  I will remember her as the life of the party.  I had the pleasure of meeting her when I was 9, I was brought into the family when I was 10 year old. 

GG was a bus driver for special needs kids and how they loved her.  Bus drivers stick together threw thick and thin.  You always hear fun stories of these ladies and there tocken guy.  They would go on vacations together to fun sunny place and lord be with anyone that was near them they would become part of the party and a story to that would last a life time!

I will always remember this fun lady that was bigger then life.  She would serve you the best drink and there would be no shortage of laughs.  She may even give you a little goose, she sure liked young cute men … LOL.  Rick’s first Christmas he came up to me “Your Grandma just goosed me”, we all turned and said “Welcome to the Family” … hehe.

We had some great memories that I will never forget.  My boys enjoyed their time with her and our Thanksgiving dinner will never be the same.

Some of my favorite photos:

GG w/ Cole, Caden & Cousin Ryan (Cole’s 5th party)

IMG_3136

GG Wii Bowling w/Cole & Rick

IMG_2778IMG_2786

Caden with GG doing his 2 favorite things art & food Smile.

IMG_3231IMG_3236

Rest in peace GG, we will miss you and your laugh!  I’m closing with mom’s favorite poem and I believe will be at the funeral.

If Tears Could Build A Stairway

If tears could build a stairway
and thoughts a memory lane
I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again
No Farewell words were spoken
No time to say good-bye
You were gone before I knew it
And only God knows why.

My heart's still active in sadness
And secret tears still flow
What it meant to lose you
No one can ever know.
But now I know you want us
To mourn for you no more
To remember all the happy times
Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten
I pledge to you today
A hallowed place within my heart
Is where you'll always stay.

God knows why, with chilling touch,
Death gathers those we love so much,
And what now seems so strange and dim,
Will all be clear, when we meet Him.
I Knew you for a Moment

15 comments:

  1. She sounded amazing. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this sad time. hugs mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry dear friend. Your grandmother sounds like she was a lovely person and I know you will miss her. My prayers are with you all.

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry. She is now at peace and she will always be with you in your heart. We keep the best of the people we have lost there.
    Goat hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special lady she was - thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun grandmother! You have some amazing memories of her. :-) You and your family will be in my prayers in this time of loss. I'm so sorry. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just so sorry! Big hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sad! Sounds like such a fun person! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful memories and pictures. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGS))
    Bet she is goosing the guys in Heaven too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry for your loss. it's hard losing someone like that :)

    you guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She sounds like she was an amazing lady! May all those wonderful memories help you through losing her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. {{{HUGS}}} I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories to hold onto, She sounds wonderful. Big hugs to you girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful Tribute. I hate saying goodbye.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover