Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, June 15, 2009

Make Something Monday ... WW Pork Chop Dinner with Apple Cider Sauce

Make Something Monday



Today ladies I had to bust out my apron to make the meal. Usually everything I make is "Semi-Homemade" today was a little different. It was a little more gourmet ... well gourmet for this girl! Now if your a dill fan you'll love this recipe. I found I'm not such a dill fan, but it was still a good dish. I got this one from Weight Watchers emails, I didn't have cabbage so I made some potatoes. Of course not as healthy as the cabbage but it was sure yummy! Enjoy!

Check me out, home from work and on with the apron!
Here we go, no apple cider so I used cranberry juice.
Take the pork chops sprinkle with dill
Sprinkle the salt
Sprinkle pepper
Throw apples in the pan
In seperate bowl add Chicken Broth
Cranberry Juice, I didn't have Apple Cider
Add Flour
Add Salt
Add Pepper
Pour over apples
Add Mustard
Take out apples and the cooked pork chops
Doesn't it look pretty.
Pototoes yummy!
Oil and Onion mix over diced potatoes and bake!
They come out golden brown and yummy
Ingredients
1 pound(s) uncooked red potato(es), baby-size
3/4 pound(s) savoy cabbage, cut into 3- to 4-inch-wide wedges
2 tsp canola oil
1 pound(s) lean boneless pork chop, four 4 oz chops
2 1/2 tbsp dill, fresh, chopped, divided (plus extra for garnish)
3/4 tsp table salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
1 medium apple(s), Gala suggested, cored and cut into 12 wedges
1 1/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth
1/2 cup(s) apple cider

Instructions
Steam potatoes in a large deep skillet until almost tender, about 6 minutes. Add cabbage wedges and steam until potatoes and cabbage are both tender, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Drain and remove potatoes and cabbage to a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with 1 tablespoon of dill, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; gently press to adhere seasonings to pork.
Add pork to skillet and cook, turning once, until golden and just cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes; remove to serving platter.
Add apples to skillet; sauté 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together broth, cider, flour and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add broth mixture to skillet and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in scallions; simmer until slightly thickened and apples are tender, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in mustard and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of dill.
Lift apples with a slotted spoon onto platter; spoon sauce over top and garnish with chopped dill or dill sprigs. Yields about 1 pork chop, 3 potatoes, 1 cabbage wedge, 3 apple slices and 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
1 tbsp Dijon mustard

15 comments:

  1. *applause* Well, really I love everything you make over here, so... *really loud applause* You go girl, and that apron is cute...I should wear one, but instead like Cheryl and I said, we just ruin our favorite pj's, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your little apron are sooo cute... i want an apron!!! and this meal looks yummy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve the apron -- I want one!!
    Everything looks so yummy like always.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute apron ;) sounds yummy to me :) must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, dinner looks so good! I have a cute apron & it hangs on the wall and stays really clean because I'm just not in the cooking mood anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling apron! I love aprons, I'm so glad you included a pic of it! And of course the meal looks delish as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin the apron! Sounds like a great dish too! I'll bookmark this and be sure to try it! We love dill!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I'm not a fan of pork chops but I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girllll..

    Way to gourmet for me.

    We had Mac and cheese from the box tonight.

    And sadly, Tatum made it, not me.

    I suck.

    I try harder next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooohhhhh! This one looks a little healthy too! I mean, it has fruit and broth...how many pounds could it possibly put on my thighs? ; ) LOL And...it looks delicious as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks yummy! Do you make house calls? Now I have no excuse not to fix dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a delicious (and easy) recipe. I love the fact that you have your child in the kitchen helping you! What a wonderful way to spend time with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum!! Love your little helper!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover