Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Monday, June 25, 2012

Another Theme and it's Tron!!

Pin It One of the mom's at Cole's school asked me if I would make cupcake for her son's upcoming birthday party.  I said no problem I would love to, then came the theme.  Most theme's don't stump me but when Tron came back I did do the Scooby Doo .. Rut Ro.  I hit up Pinterest and sadly it was very limited.  Thankfully he liked a simple theme of just the circle logo.  


Sunday I made the cupcakes, I found a really yummy Yellow Cake on Can You Stay for Dinner (another amazing site for recipes).  It is a very simple recipe to follow and the cake turned out super moist and yummy!  Click the link above for her yummy recipe.




Now to the Tron Design:





Next on my list was to make the tron cupcakes.  I saw a few different versions on Pinterest but I'm not a fan of black frosting.  So I though I'll frost the cupcakes then I'll make black round disk (using my silicone cupcake pan) and then melt aqua melty to do the circle inside.




What you need:


2 Bags Black Candy Melts (Wilton)
1 Bag Blue Candy Melts (Wilton)
Cupcakes Made
Frosting (You can use can or make Buttercream)


For the Black disc I melted the melts in the microwave for 1 minute and then put a spoonful into my silicone cupcake mold. NOW when it is all set take a knife around to loosen and then carefully pop out.  Believe me my first batch broke because I didn't do that!

For the Blue I melted the melts in the microwave for 1 minute and then put into a pipping bag with a small tip to make my circles.  I put back into fridge to harden up and then I frosted my cupcakes and added the disk on top. That way people could take them off if they didn't want to eat and they didn't get a mouth of black frosting which I think taste gross.


Have a wonderful day hope you try to make these, they were fun!

8 comments:

  1. You should do party planning on the side and make some extra $$$

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried oreo covered cookies with other cookies? room mates boyfriend found either fudge covered oreo's or chocolate chip covered oreo's. we used mint oreo's. i will look for the recipe and try to post it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patty I was actually talking to the mom's at the party that I would like to do that!

    Nbrsspot - I have made them they are tasty. I also made the cupcakes with them in the bottom :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes look scrumptious. In addition to being a good mommy you are also a great friend to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about Tron but the cupcakes look adorable and delicious! Your so sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cupcakes turned out cute and that was nice of you to do that for her son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cupcakes! You are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover