Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Gingerbread Cookies (Another PTF Treat)

We had our monthly PTF meeting and time to make a new treat to share with the other parents.  I looked in the cupboard what I had already to eliminate a trip to the grocery store.  I found two packages of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie Mix and a can of Pumpkin.  Ok what can I do with that.  So to Google I went and stumbled upon a great recipe for Pumpkin Gingerbread Cookies on Seizing My Day's Blog.  Now she made rolled cut out cookies, I was not being that fancy.  I tweaked the recipe a bit and came up with some great drop cookies.  That is drop them in some cinnamon sugar and roll them around and they turn into round fluffy cookies!

First off sorry about the pictures I left my camera at my dad's house and had to use my iPhone which doesn't take high quality pictures but hey they are clear and we'll make it work.
Ingredients:
Betty’s Gingerbread cookie mix
1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1 egg white
1/2 stick butter
Cinnamon & Sugar - To Roll the cookies in about 1/4 cup
1/2 Cup Flour

Blend the softened butter, pumpkin and egg white in your mixer (I threw mine in my kitchen aid).  Once this is combined add in the cookie mix, it will be sticky at this point.  Now add in the flour add in a little at a time to get a stiff cookie dough.  Once all mixed together take a scoop (I used my ice cream scoop) and then dropped into the cinnamon sugar and rolled around until the whole ball was coated.  I then placed them on a cookie sheet with wax paper.  Bake at 375 for 12 minutes (give or take depending on your stove).

I again didn't get to taste them but Cole told me they were yummy and I was excited to say every cookie was taken home with the people that were there!  Whoo hoo nothing for me to be tempted with.

10 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of all things pumpkin, so I will have to give these a try at some point. I host Thanksgiving at my house, so these might be a good dessert option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can't go wrong with that flavor combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you pin on Pinterest this morning and of course pinned it.
    They sound yummy and pretty easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea!! I will try and squeeze this one in this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh! Those look and sound SO GOOD!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they sound very good but roommate is allergic to cinnamon. She cant even be around the smell of it or she stops breathing.. I think its a bit dramatic but that is how she is. I cant even burn my favorite candle. well i can but all i hear is that she cant breathe so i keep it hoping they find there own place soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really, really trying to pretend I don't see these. Better yet, I'll pretend there is peanut butter or nuts inside. Yes, that might work.

    Probably not though. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound delicious and are so easy! Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover