Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Friday, October 12, 2012

R2D2 - Adult Costume Made (part II)

It is complete, it didn't take much time or money to make it.  NOW I didn't make a hat to go with it but I'm going to rock what I have ... lol.  I showed you the making of the tutu on THIS post.  Now I had a lot of people ask why I did a tutu, well because I'm a little nutty and hey loosing weight and being able to actually dress up this year I wanted something fun and girly.    It seems Tutu's are all the rage this year and I'm just going to ride that train too!   I found a R2D2 Ballerine picture that started me on this theme to make my costume.

I found many styles on how to do the top half of my costume the best one I found was a gal that used poster board to make her costume here on Instructables.  But I figured a long white t-shirt with some fabric paint will be the best way to go.

What you need:
T-Shirt (Walmart $5)
Black Glitter Paint (Walmart $1.97)
Silver Glitter Paint (Walmart $1.97)
Teal Glitter Paint (Michael's $1.97)

I found using the glitter paint I was able to draw it out and then fill in to make the shapes I want.  I went to Instructables link above and used that to draw it by eye on my t-shirt.  I only did the front of the shirt.  If I get real crafty I may just do the back too.

Here is me making the Shirt, really it was so simple just like the Tutu.
Here again is the making of the Tutu (the link is on the top of this post to the step by step we used to make it). 



Here is the costume all done up.  My friend commented on Facebook on the name that I'm going with for my costume look .... R2D-"Tutu" .... yes it's a pun but it's so cute and I'm going with it!  For the rest of my outfit I picked up some grey leggings (Walmart $8) and a pair of silver flats (Fashion Bug Clearance $8).  My whole costume cost me around $24 (items I won't wear again) + my add ones of $16 (Which can be worn again) for a total of $40).
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Have you picked what you will be this year?

AND I found a new meme to link up to:
PIN MEme

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE what your friend said about it on Facebook. That is so much fun! You did a great job, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning in your complete outfit. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That is such a HOOT!!! Great job!!! So cute & creative!!!!!! Thanks for linking up to PIN MEme!I've pinned & tweeted this!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You are featured at this week's PIN MEme at Diana Rambles. I pinned & tweeted this!
    https://twitter.com/FreeStyleMama/status/259278260024791040

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you since I Haven't "seen" you in a LONG TIME

    YOU LOOK FREAKIN FANTASTIC!!!! I've shed 30 pounds so far... 12 to go to "goal" but... YEA US!!!

    And your costume -- kick ass! :) I'm a total star wars dork and frankly, anything with a tutu is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the easy to follow pics and tutorial! I have been looking everywhere for a good tutorial on the best way to make an R2D2 onsie for my toddler, but I didn't like the other ones! puff pain seems like the best way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is, hands-down, the coolest DIY SW costume EVER!!!! I love it.....and you get to wear a tutu!!!!! 2 for 1!
    Kim @ *Soliloquy Of Food & Such*

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're really look great with your adult tutu. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover