Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Band-Aid Cupcakes

Cole has joined the Pioneers at school and Monday they will have a CPR training.  I wanted to make something fun for there snack.  On cupcake wars the other day I saw a lady do band-aid to top her cupcakes.  I thought that would be perfect for this meeting.  It was late so I wanted to make something quick and easy.  I'm also going to make cupcakes tomorrow for Caden's class going to the pumpkin patch.  So why not make pumpkin cupcakes for both!  I found this Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cupcake recipe and made that.  I then made a Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting I saw on Pinterest the other day.  And then of course topped with the band-aids.
First I stared with the cupcakes (which mind you was so simple and quick, I recommend this in a pinch).
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 package spice cake mix
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
Preheat oven to 350F. Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups.
Blend cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in a large mixer bowl until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cups, filling evenly.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then instead of a regular cream cheese frosting I needed something sturdy to last up the day until the meeting after school.
 Makes 5 Cups
1 (8oz) package reduced fat cream cheese
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
2 cups Heavy Cream
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Fit the mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream. Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the band-aids I just made this one up and it turned out pretty cool if I must say so!
6 Graham Crackers (broke into fourths)
Frosting (white)
1 tube Red Frosting Gel
Break your graham crackers in fourths to look like a rectangle (band-aid).  Add a small square of white frosting in the middle (to look like the gauze on a band-aid).  Add a drop of red frosting Gel (to resemble blood).
Step by Step:
First Frost the Cupcakes
Then top with the Band-Aid
Not bad for a quick one (took me less then an hour).
I hope these are a hit!

7 comments:

  1. What a clever idea and so fun that it's themed! They'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say so as well, very cool idea! You are just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea!

    I use the same recipe for Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting, and it never fails. Love it.

    Cool cupcake holder, too! What's the name / brand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, that's adorable! People have way too much time to think of these things!

    If my son was a little older, I'd totally make them for him this week. Poor guy got stitches yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure come up with some fun treats! Those definitely sound delicious too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover