Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sinfully Yummy Blueberry Bread Pudding

My parents have around 8 to 10 blueberry bushes at their house, so we usually are loaded with them.  Since my new diet does not allow fruit of any kind I had a freezer space shortage and needed to make something with them.  Then my mom sent me home some french bread (another no no on my diet) so I thought what better to do then a bread pudding.  We had our every other week dinner guest come over (that is the only time I make a dessert).

I found a Over the Top Blueberry Bread Pudding recipe that I tweaked a little bit, one due to time and the other part being lazy after work (hey I'm at least honest about it).


Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 4 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
  • 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, sugar and vanilla. Stir in blueberries and baking chips. Stir in bread cubes; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.  Add the white baking chips and carefully stir them in (don't over stir or you'll have mush).
  • Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
If you want you can make the sauce (instead of using the baking chips in the bread pudding you use it to cover the bread pudding). 

If you want here is the sauce recipe:

  • SAUCE:
  • 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For sauce, place baking chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over baking chips; whisk until smooth. Serve with bread pudding.

I liked adding it into the bread pudding to give you a little extra goo :).  NOW I didn't eat any of it but by the empty plates that returned I would say it was a huge hit!



Enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. That looks positively sinful, in a very, very good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of bread pudding. I don't know why since I adore French toast. A conundrum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bread pudding. This recipe looks and sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so stinkin hungry from blog hopping today! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like bread pudding but really love this one thanks to the white chocolate. I planted 6 blueberry bushes 3 years ago and so far only get a total of about one quart from them.
    Great recipe, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing! I'd definitely eat way too much of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome!! I definitely want to try it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A diet with no fruit, what?!?!? This looks delicious and I'm not even a fan of blueberry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude....

    DUUUUUUDE....

    bread pudding...

    and blueberries...

    Um... pardon me. I need a cigarette! ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover