Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce (Ideal Protein Recipe Ph 1-4)

After being on this diet (Ideal Protein) it has been trying to find meals for dinner that I would love to eat let alone my family wants to eat too.  Most nights I make my meal and then make something for them that they would like.  I have been able to come across a few great recipes and the one I found that the whole family would eat is a Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce.  I had mine on some lean ground turkey, the boys had egg noddles (a no no for me but they can splurge).


Ingredients:
1 pound 90% lean ground beef or ground turkey (I used Turkey)
8 large tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped (I used red)
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
½ cup water (I skipped this)
(optional) chopped Mushrooms (I Skipped this)
1 zucchini (I added this in for a little extra green)
2 pkg of Truvia/Splenda (this is something I added)

Brown turkey or lean ground beef, add garlic powder while cooking meat for more flavorful sauce, drain off any fat, add all vegetables and water, except tomatoes. Cook on low with lid until vegetables are cooked through. ** Alexis Note:  I decided to add all the veggies to my ninja and whirl them around (the boys aren't big on chunky sauce). **

In a magic bullet or blender (I used my Ninja), puree 6 of the tomatoes, add the Italian seasoning, garlic, red pepper flakes, and give it another little whirl.  Add in a zucchini sliced up at this time and the Splenda if you want it to be a little sweet. You need to boil this for about 20 minutes and skim off the water and froth. Pour into cooked ground turkey or ground beef mixture, turn on low heat. Chop remaining 2 tomatoes however small or large you like your chunks in sauce, add to mixture and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes. Makes 4-6 cups of sauce. Can freeze leftovers for later use.  ** Alexis Note: I just puree'd all the tomatoes (again my boys aren't big on chunky sauce). **




Enjoy this is one of the best sauce's I have had in a long time, it's so nice knowing it is healthy.

11 comments:

  1. Ok, we gotta part ways on this one. I like sauce without meat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have to try making this one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big fan of meat sauce, but yours sounds pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to puree veggies so the boys won't find them either, although who am I kidding....I can't find them either!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the whole...cook for myself and then cook for the pickies, too. IT gets old after a while, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I served this over zucchini noodles and it was a keeper - we all decided that even post diet we will continue to eat this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you do zucchini noodles? How much of this sauce is a serving for the diet... Do two cups of the sauce for your veggie and then 8 oz of meat? Just starting the ideal diet so help is welcomed! Thanks?

      Delete
  7. How much of the sauce equals the right amount of veggie servings for the ideal protein
    protocol?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much sauce equals the 2 cup veggie requirement needed for an ideal protein meal?

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover