Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slumber Party Cookies

Another great part about having a guest besides the boy were totally stoked, I got to bake.  Being on this strict diet I haven't been able to eat a lot of items so our meals haven't been fancy just functional.  Unless I'm hitting up a party it hasn't been fun in my kitchen.  Until this past Saturday when we had our first sleep over!  Caden requested I make a cookie, yup he is so my boy and all about the sweets, why we don't usually have many in the house.  I saw a post on Facebook with these new Candy Corn M&M's and making cookies with them.  So of course I made my shopping list and came home to make them.  Well of course I was a dummy and couldn't find the recipe, so what should one do but Google it and find it on Pinterest.  I found a great recipe for White Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies on Chocolate Moosey's website.   The recipe I started my grocery list with used almond extract not vanilla so I did a little switch and it smelled delish.  I so wish I could have one but I stood strong.  And the empty plate let me know it was a hit.


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla (I used Almond)
  • 1 cup white chocolate candy corn MnMs
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg then beat in the vanilla (this is where I used Almond instead of Vanilla). Gradually beat in the flour mixture (do not overbeat). Turn off the mixer and stir in the M&Ms.
  4. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.


Enjoy these sweet treats!  If you are wondering where to find these M&M's I found them in the seasonal isle at Walmart.  I didn't take a bite of them but my friend tested them and said they were so yummy!

7 comments:

  1. Such an adorable idea! Let's sugar them up for a sleepover HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love candy corn. These cookies look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Felicia Yup didn't think that one threw the whole way! hehe

    Thanks Ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard about those candy corn M&Ms from a blogger's post I read a few minutes ago. They look yummy. I'm going to have to purchase some soon, to eat alone and baked in with cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they tasted wonderful. I enjoyed those candy corn M&M's last year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to try those M&M's! Hopefully we come across them while they're still in the stores :-) The cookies look awesome too! You're so creative to switch out the vanilla extract for almond-YUM! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover