Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Rice" Pudding (AKA Cauliflower) - Ideal Protein Recipe

As most of you know I've been dieting for a while now (57 lbs down so far).  The new diet I'm on Ideal Protein is very strict so finding recipes to make is very hard.  Searching the internet I have found some great choices.  I tried this one which was very good!  NOW don't get freaked out thinking how could cauliflower been a good dessert?  Just trust me and try this.  This recipe calls for an Ideal Protein Shake/Pudding I'm sure you can substitute with protein powder.  If your needing a sweet treat and don't want to blow your diet this is a great one!
Ingredients: 
1 tsp gelatine or Agar Agar with ¼ cup water
1 Ideal Protein Vanilla Pudding & 6 oz water
2 Cups of riced cauliflower – cooked, chopped and cooled into small, rice-sized pieces. (Pulse in blender in small batches for best results).
Splenda (1-2 pkts) - I used Truvia (or the Walmart brand)
Vanilla (1 tsp)
Cinnamon, nutmeg to taste
Directions: 
Mix gelatine with water, add pudding, cauliflower and flavorings (you could use any extract flavorings you like, maple, orange, strawberry) – mix well and put in refrigerator till set. Top with Walden Farms caramel sauce, strawberry spread or just a dash of cinnamon.
I don't have the Walden Farms Sauces so I just dashed some cinnamon on top.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope you enjoy this one!

9 comments:

  1. I would so try that, but I'm a veggie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know cauliflower will take on whatever flavor you give it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is unusual...not sure about it at all...I do trust ya though! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not gonna lie, that looks disgusting! Although, if I came to your house I would probably try it, but making it on my own, probably not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy. They use cauliflower in so many low carb dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rich is on a diet right now that I could see this being something he'd probably enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say this looks like it'd have the consistency of snot. LOL

    tastes good? :) Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried this recipe, but used "Miracle Rice" instead of cauliflower. It was amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover