Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Friday, October 19, 2012

Asian Lettuce Cups (Low Carb & 5pts WW)

On a personal note I went to the doctor yesterday. 1st off it is great to step on the scale to not pretend I'm looking at the wall (like a hole magically appeared and I must look at in case a rabbit appears).  YUP this time I could actually look at the # and be proud I've done that!  THEN to have the doc sit down look at the chart, then look at me, then back at the chart, then look at me and say wow you've lost a lot of weight.  each time you have been in you've been done. YUP proud moment in my life, HEY it's not often I've gone to the doc and came out with a smile.  OK well a smile over that NOT over the fact I was stuck in traffic got there 10 minutes late to find my spot was taken and had to wait over an hour.  THEN when I need a shot in my rear to have another nurse open the door to share my bare rear off to the whole waiting room (oh yes got to love that prime room right up front).  I really do swear this stuff only happens to me!

Now on to the food (I know why you are here .. lol).  Since doing this lean meat and all protein diet I've been on the hunt for good recipes.  This one was super yummy (it was higher in sugar then I would like so I'll have to work on that part - The Hoisin sauce).  I found on one of my favorite sites Eat Yourself Skinny these Asian Lettuce Cups (WW 5pts).

Ingredients:
1 1/4 lb. fat-free ground turkey
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 4)
1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
12 Boston lettuce leaves
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce (green top)
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp. roasted red chili paste
1/8 tsp. salt
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned.  Stir to crumble.  Combine turkey mixture, onions and chopped water chestnuts in a large bowl, stirring well, and set aside.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and roasted red chili paste and drizzle over the turkey mixture.  Toss to coat completely.  Add about 1/4 cup turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf.

Servings: Serving Size: 2 lettuce cups with 1/4 cup turkey mixture each Calories: 182 Fat: 7.5 Carbs: 9.7 g
Fiber: 0.6 g Protein: 19.1 g Points+: 5 pts



Happy Friday everyone!  Try this yummy recipe :).

PLUS I was FEATURED over at my favorite designers Blog Diana Rambles (YES she designed my cute monkey layout).  Please go over and leave some love, click on the button below.


PIN MEme

8 comments:

  1. I love lettuce wraps. Those look yummy. (wish I felt like cooking)
    Way to go at the doctors office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look yummy.
    I hope that nurse apologized in a big way. She should have knocked before entering a closed door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...these look amazing! I love lettuce wraps. We try to do low carb, so I have to try these out. Great job on the weight loss you sexy hot mama! Thanks for linking up to PIN MEme! I've pinned & tweeted this!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't you just love to tell that nurse what you are thinking?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Alexis I'm so proud of you! You are doing great! As for the recipe...yum! I think I might try a version of this on taco night.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good! I have a hard time trying recipes with ingredients that I don't usually have on hand, but this one looks like it'd be totally worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I need to move in with you.... you make THE BEST STUFF!!! Those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover