Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes - Version 2

Cole's class is going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow, and I couldn't just make the Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes for Caden's class last week.  Now of course I couldn't do the same cupcakes I already did, so on to pumpkin patch cupcakes #2.  

I first started with a Pumpkin Ginger Cupcake I found on All Recipes.  This one wasn't as simple as last week's recipe but it sure did smell good and my friend tasted the batter for me and thought it was yummy (I'm still on my diet and not allowed sugar or carbs).  



INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant
butterscotch pudding mix
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
 
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners. Whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, cloves, and crystallized ginger in a bowl; set aside.
2.Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla and pumpkin puree with the last egg. Stir in the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
3.Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.


After the cupcakes cooled (yes let them cool, I didn't at first and the icing melted right off them). I added the Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting I used last week.  



Ingredients:
Orange Sugar
Watermelon Airheads / Cut in half and shaped like a leaf
Orange Frosting Gel
Green Licorice (I found in bulk isle and cut in half)

My amazing friend helped me roll the iced cupcakes in orange sugar, add orange lines with frosting gel, top with a green licorice for the stem and we even added a green leaf made from watermelon airheads.  See the photo below for step by step directions.




My camera died half way threw so forgive me for not done cupcake and the low resolution for the pumpkin cupcakes.  Hope you have a wonderful day and you try out these yummy Cupcakes.

12 comments:

  1. OMG - those are so cute and they sound easy enough to make. Maybe I should surprise the kiddos with these next week on Halloween? Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a talented mom! Those cupcakes look beautiful and I am sure they taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly creative cupcakes and they got to taste great with pudding in them.
    You did really well here.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look AMAZING!!! I'm giggling over the brilliant use of airheads to cut the leaf shape - genius!! I will HAVE to make these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some of the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are FABULOUS!! Thanks for linking up to PIN MEme! I've pinned & tweeted this! I'm also following you via Facebook & Pinterest!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo Cute! It had to be you my friend! Love it and Pinned it of course to my Halloween treats board (or something like that...I keep forgetting the name of it..must be age related!) LOL...Thank You so much for sharing and a big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorably cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover