Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sleep Over Yummies

My best friend that I grew up next to (from age 9) has a little girl.  The boys and her plotted to have a sleep over.  LOL got to love kids and their planning, but it was fun and it worked out to be a great night.  Since we were having a guest I thought it would fun to make some yummies.  Rick suggested I just go pick up a pizza but what fun would that be?  I've been dying to try these Mini Corn Dog Muffins I saw on Pinterest.  I found a few different recipes to make them but found the perfect one on Iowa Girl Eats.  She had a great step by step pictures to help make this really easy treat.  Our guest wasn't a big fan of breading so she picked it off but the boys LOVED them!  They took them in their lunch for the Monday and Tuesday, that is what was left from them eating over the weekend.  I have been requested to make it again for their lunches.


Mini Corn Dog Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8-10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites (I used Turkey Dogs)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
2. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes (oven temperatures vary), or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.


See how easy it is:
Hope you enjoy, the boys think they were the best!  Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. They sound and look delicious and are and the recipe sounds easy. Thanks mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really good. I'm definitely going to have to make some for my kids soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a version of these one time but they did not turn out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious and really cute for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These look so good! I love corndogs and know that I'd devour bunches of these. Thanks for sharing with this week's Throwback Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover