Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Beef Pot Pie

Blessed with Grace
Looking for a way to sneak in some veggies and have a hardy pot pie, well I found one that was a hit here with the boys. Yes I love my Bisquick it's my friend and never lets me down, until other ... LOL just playing. Truly this was a simple easy meal that was very inexpensive to make which is always on my mind. Enjoy!

What you'll need
Brown up the onions
Add some water
Add in a Beef Bouillon
Add in Worcestershire Sauce
Add in Sour Cream

Add in Thyme
(Only if it was that easy with life ... LOL_
Add in Mixed Veggies
Dash of Pepper
Dash of Salt
Add the ground beef
Add in Bisquick
Place in baking dish
Make the topping
Add Sour Cream
Roll out dough
Make Biscuits and place on top
Helper had to pose with the pre cooked meal
(I wonder where he gets his poser needs? HMM)
Out of the oven, look at the biscuits ... YUM
Ingredients:
1 lb. beef chuck, boneless, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tbsp. butter
1 med. onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
3 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 c. hot water
1 tbsp. instant beef bouillon
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen peas and carrots
1/4 c. cold water
3 tbsp. Bisquick baking mix

Directions:
In a large, heavy saucepan, brown beef in butter. Remove beef. Cook onion and celery until onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except cold water and Bisquick. Add back meat. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Heat oven to 450 degrees.

Prepare biscuits below. Mix cold water and Bisquick until smooth; gradually add to beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Arrange biscuits on top. Bake until browned, 10-12 minutes. Serves 5-6.

BISCUITS:
1 c. Bisquick1/2 c. sour cream
Mix together until soft dough forms. Turn onto board covered with cloth or waxed paper. Knead 10 times. Roll 1/2 inch thick. Cut out biscuits.

13 comments:

  1. I love your step-by-step photos! I think I could pull this one off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmm
    looks like something even my troops would like.
    thanks for the step by steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Thanks for the wonderful, frugal recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! i love all pot pies and this looks looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so yummy :) love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does that ever look good! I'm totally a Bisquick girl too!!!

    Do you ever make those Bisquick dumplings? omg, those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks so good! And EASY!
    Bisquick is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here you go again! A total yum! I have to email you about trowel biscuits and then stuff them with sausages...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here you go again! A total yum! I have to email you about trowel biscuits and then stuff them with sausages...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here you go again! A total yum! I have to email you about trowel biscuits and then stuff them with sausages...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks awesome. I think that you need to make these in bulk, package them up, freeze them, get some dry ice and ship them to me!!!
    Sounds like a plan to me.

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover